Now in Release 5.0, the piXsearch
SDK is designed to enable adding visual search capability to
Windows-based desktop commercial software applications.
For other purposes, the piXserve
Web Services API is reccomended. The
piXsearch SDK is available in two versions. Version 5.0 is
fully featured while version 5.0C offers a simpler subset of
functions, as would be required for typical consumer market
libraries analyze images and video frames,
and create a searchable index of their contents.
The piXsearch libraries are able to “see” the
visual objects in an image (such as a car, person, logo,
etc.), and can compare images based on how
similar these objects are. You can use the piXsearch API to add
visual search capabilities to your application, including:
- Automatically index digital images and
Without manual intervention, the metadata needed to describe
the contents of the image is extracted automatically by the
- Find digital images and video segments
based on visual content.
By integrating piXsearch in your application, user
will be able to retrieve the images/video segments they need by
clicking and pointing on a picture.
- Find pictures and videos that contain
specific text on the image/video.
piXsearch makes searchable text that may be visible on
the image itself. Users can type a text string to retrieve
images/video segments where that word appears on the screen.
- Integrate your application’s metadata
with the visual contents of the image.
The piXsearch generated metadata is easily accessible through
XML in order to facilitate integration between data
managed/stored by your application and the visual contents of
Some of the
key advantages of the piXsearch SDK are:
- Accuracy-piXlogic's image segmentation,
understanding, and search algorithms set a new benchmark of accuracy for the
the footprint of the runtime environment is
small enough to make it an ideal to fit
for existing applications
in a variety of markets.
- Speed- in spite of the extensive
image analysis calculations carried out by the software,
indexing and search speeds are very fast and the application is
multithreaded providing additional
performance scaling opportunities
with added CPUs.
- Elegant Architecture-
are written in C++
- Runs on the Windows platform (other OS ports upon request)
- Win32 and x64 versions are available
- Thread safe API, enabling multiple indexing operations or
database searches to be executed concurrently
- API facilitates integration by providing simple and clean
- Data stored in XML
- Capability for using alternate tools to read various
image/video file formats
Partial list of features:
image search or object search within image.
searches of multiple objects from multiple pictures. Supports
logical operations such as AND, OR, and
recognition roughly independent of relative size, orientation and location
within an image
- Supports nested object hierarchies (objects within an
of external metadata (for example keywords) and visual search
metadata to formulate a search query
- Query images need not be part of an existing database.
All analysis and comparison calculations are done
User Preference Settings:
& Color-users can express a preference (eg, focus on
objects that have the most similar shapes regardless of colors
<--> focus on objects that have the most similar colors
regardless of shape).
- Object-based search query formulation - users can interact
with the query image to define their query visually and
- Results presentation - users can express whether the
software should return a fixed number of images or only
results that meet a user defined confidence level threshold.